|Master Hatters of Texas|
Master Hatters of Texas, Inc. was established in 1968 by William C. Cook. Mr. Cook began his career with Byer-Rolnick Hat Company in Dallas, Texas in 1936. William Cook moved with Byer-Rolnick to Garland in 1939. He started his career as a Hand Finisher on the product line. At the end of his career with Byer-Rolnick he had established himself as a Master Hatter. In 1968 William Cook began to manufacture on a contract basis with Resitol Hat Company. Over time he developed his own line of quality western hats, Master Hatters of Texas (MHT), to be sold within the western trade industry. Mr. Cook passed on in 1977. At this time his two sons took over to continue the legacy. In 1988 Master Hatters of Texas, Inc. began to develop hats for Wrangler Jean Company in a licensee agreement that was successful for 20 years. Today MHT is still making its own fine quality straw, wool, and fur felt hats in its 5.5 acre, 50,000 sq ft location in Garland, Texas. Looking to the future their goal is to embrace technology to better serve their valued customers with a product that fits their demands and with service that is above reproach.